Monday, April 21, 2008

Rain

rain, and more rain. Makes me want to go home and go to bed!

I looked at the calendar this morning, and not only do we have 32 days of school left, we only have 14 days until SOL testing begins. I have about 6 more days of real teaching to do, and then I start reviewing for the SOL. After the SOL? Still have to teach...something. Thirteen more days of school after that week of testing, and we are expected to continue teaching. The students are expected to come to school. We have to give final exams - although there are a boatload of reasons why a student can be exempt from a final. It's a shame that my most interesting and exciting lessons will probably be after the SOL. I can't take the time to be too creative and out of the box before the test. Grrr...

No comments: