Wednesday, April 09, 2008

In case you're keeping score

  • New computer? aAlthough I don't get the wireless signal as strongly as I should. The geeks are still working on it.
  • Garage door fixed? a(Karen - mom says this one is hers - so your faith in the order of the universe is restored. The rule is still '3.' Which is a good thing, because according to a friend of mine, otherwise I would still be looking for 2 more things to go wrong to get to 6. Did that make any sense?)
  • Refrigerator fixed? x The refrigerator is still under warranty, so the appliance store does not get the $$ they usually would for labor and such. They are really dragging their feet, and being uncooperative. The part is in - I get a call on Monday to set up a time to come over and install the part. Can't do it Tuesday or Wednesday, because everyone in the shop (??) is going for training in Richmond both days. They can come on Thursday. Cool - What time? Can't tell me that. Between 10:00 and 5:00. That's no good, no one can be home all day. How about Friday? Nope - they won't be anywhere in the area on Friday. We can leave them a key (?) and they can just waltz in on Thursday when no one is home and fix the fridge. Yeah, not too comfortable with that. Mom says she can stay home on Thursday and wait for the guy, but she shouldn't have to do that. So - I'm going to call tomorrow morning after 8:30, and see if they can be more precise in the time frame. If they say morning, then I'll go home and wait for the guy. I have a meeting at 1:30 I can't miss, so maybe I can do both.

No comments: