- I miss my family.
- I miss my dog.
- I never thought I'd ever be homesick. I can't remember a time when I was homesick, not even as a kid. I especially didn't think I'd be homesick for NC, since it's not really home - although I lived there for over 30 years.
- I like teaching high school. There is a sense of freedom and maturity that I've missed. I like being able to have adult conversations with students.
- My mom is one of the most amazing women I know. Even at age 85, she can be so much fun to be around. She has made me feel so welcome and useful over the last 3 months.
- I love the mountains of VA in autumn. My drive to work each morning is a prayer.
- I can't wait for my husband to move here with us and really start behaving as a family again.
Ok - that's all I have for now. Good night.